Sunday, February 12, 2012

My goals for this year...

So I know that it's well past New Year's Day when most people set their resolutions for the year, but I guess I'm just a little slow. I've seen several people make lists of up to a hundred things they want to do in a year, and the more of them I read, the more I think I want to do that too. More than anything it's just a fun way to keep track of what you've accomplished and what you still need to work on. So, despite how silly I feel for copycatting everyone else, I'm going to post my goal list for this year. You'll probably notice that I stopped a ways before 100, but it's taken me a long time to come up with these goals and I wanted to get them posted before the year was half way over. I also wanted to leave room to add new goals throughout the year since you never know what's going to happen and what new opportunities will pop up. So here's my list, wish me luck!

1.       Finish everything I’ve been assigned for a month for my Relief Society calling.

2.       Stick to my daily cleaning rules for 1 month.

3.       Put names to faces of 70 Relief Society sisters

-35 on 1/17/12

4.       Grow a successful garden

5.        Make a special gift for Ethan, just because I love him.

6.        Cook a new food once a month

7.        Sew three articles of clothing

8.       Make/do something from pinterest every week.

9.       Read at least one book a month

-January: Jacob T. Marley, by R. William Bennett

-February: Being George Washington, by Glenn Beck

10.   Reach my weight goal and maintain it until the end of the year.

11.    Reach a weight of 150 lbs. by Easter

12.    Reach a weight of  145 lbs.  by July 4th

13.    Reach a weight of  140 lbs.  by Halloween

14.     Reach a weight of 135 lbs. by New Year’s Eve

15.     Make a new decoration for the following holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, 4th of July

16.     Visit three new places in MS

17.    Read the news once a week

18.   Exercise every weekday for a month

19.     Attend the temple at least twice

20.   Practice piano at least twice a week

21.     Perform a random act of kindness for a stranger.

22.   Go on at least three hikes

23.   Make a fruit or vegetable side dish with every dinner for two weeks

24.   Do something nice for Brenda and her family 6 times.


25.   Get my visiting teaching done before the half way point in the month.

26.   Invite people over at least once a month

27.   Sew Erik's Halloween costume

28.    Expand our year supply at least once a month

29.    Eat three servings of fruits and veggies every day for a week

30.   Eat three servings of fruits and veggies every day for a month

31.    Drink at least 6 glasses of water everyday

32.    Host a meeting for each RS club

33.   Sew a shower curtain

34.   Have a special dinner for Valentine’s Day
        Our Dinner

35.   Go camping

36.   Make a new kind of cake from scratch

37.   Finish Reading the New Testament

38.   Read the Book of Mormon

39.   Have family scriptures every day for one month

40.   Have family prayer everyday for one month

41.    Follow our Christmas Advent Calendar

42.   Read the entire Ensign every month

43.   Learn 6 new hairstyles

44.   Go on a picnic/cookout

45.   Complete one quilt

46.   Read my scriptures every day for 2 weeks

47.   Read my scriptures every day for a month

48.   Teach Erik at least 6 signs

49.   Stay within our budget in every category for one month.

50.   Cook a three course meal for no reason but the fun of it.

51.    Knit something

52.   Make a decoration for each room of the house.

53.   Keep my porch swept clean for 2 weeks.

54.   Visit our family

55.   Have FHE every week for a month 

56.   Take “formal” portraits of Erik

57.   Visit New Orleans

58.   Visit Atlanta, GA

59.   Post on my blog at least once a week for a month

60.   Visit Nauvoo, IL

61.    Write in my journal at least once a week.

62.   Exercise daily (weekdays) for two weeks

63.   Exercise daily (weekdays) for one month

64.   Get a scholarship for Ethan

65.   Make a Christmas present for all my family members

66.   Write a letter to Steve once a month

67.   Call and write to Betsy every month

68.   Become better friends with the neighbors

69.   Make a pillow case to match Erik’s quilt

70.   Use the vinyl lettering from Aunt Melanie to make a wall hanging for Erik’s room

71.    Finish Erik’s stocking

72.   Learn enough sign language to have a conversation

73.   Have a conversation with Judy in sign language

74.   Read the lesson for Relief Society every Sunday for a month

75.   Write or call both my sets of Grandparents every month

76.   Complete this list (to 100) of things I want to do this year.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love doing the 101 lists. They actually do help me complete things. And they are so fun to update and see the things you've accomplished. I've done 3 lists so far and I'm planning on doing them every year from here on out. It's fun too to look back at the end of the year and see what you were focused on at the beginning. Without fail every year I have changed and I laugh at some of the things I put as goals because they then seem silly, or I realize how unattainable they were. But it's still fun to look through and to work on. I think they'll be fun for my kids and grandkids to see what I was doing and what I was interested in too.

    ReplyDelete