Monday, June 18, 2012

This and that...

I've been trying to come up with some new adventure to post about, but we've been pretty boring lately. So, instead of anything super fun, I'm just going to give you a glimpse into our daily life. 
Last week Ethan spent a few days helping out at scout camp. They were camping just a few minutes up the road from our house, so when Ethan found out the boys wanted to go fishing, he called and had me bring up his fishing gear. He spent several hours showing the boys the ropes, and Erik and I spent some of that time sitting on the bank hanging out and playing around with our camera. 


 In other news, my garden is managing to limp along. It's all I can do to keep my plants sufficiently watered in this heat, so they're not exactly thriving, but their still alive. Here's last week's harvest: two yellow squash, one cucumber, and one tomato (as well as some parsley, basil, and oregano that we used in various meals throughout the week).
 Today Erik and I have just been catching up on housework. We spent some time folding and putting away the clean laundry...
 Okay so I put it away while Erik pulled it back off the shelves as fast as he could. I think I'm just going to quit folding our clothes because they seem to have a hard time staying folded lately.
 And it's not just Ethan's and my clothes, he gets his own too. Here's Erik's bedroom shelf when he's done with it...
 And just for comparison this is what it looks like when I'm done with it... (note that I gave up folding his clothes as soon as he started pulling up on things, but at least they're sorted into the proper baskets!)
 We also tried finger painting again. We made baby safe paints out of flour, water, and food coloring, and then put them and Erik in the tub so he could just paint wherever he wanted. Naturally the outside of the tub is what he wanted to decorate.
Well, there you have it. There's your sneak peek into the grand adventure of our daily lives. Between our church , Ethan's school work, and Erik, we stay pretty busy most of the time. We are planning a big road trip in a few weeks though, so we should have some fun stuff to post in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment